Friday, November 8, 2013

Wales: Where Sunlight Is A Challenge (Day 1)

 
OK, not exactly a challenge, but when in Wales, do as the Welsh do and keep that umbrella handy. Unless the gale-forces winds pick up, in which case, hey, check out that pub (...before it flies away).

I went to college in Wales. Well, just my junior year. I wanted to study abroad, but not in a place where I would meet more Americans (bless their hearts!), since as an American, I could do that at home. At the same time, I wanted to go somewhere English-speaking, to a point anyway.

Wales is primordial. The gun-metal sea of Swansea bay (above), the hills grounded round and smooth by Ice Ages. The boiling sky. This was the world when it first came into being--inchoate and billowing and still smarting from the unformed universe it was just seconds before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment